Text messages sent between two locations (one a train) The Upper Tier of the Inner Cosmos, February 14 2015 CE. [Transcribed]
- Priya: Hi! Did you get to the train?
- Carto: Dear Priya, How are you? I am fine. To answer your query, yes. We all safely boarded the train. We have a set four seats with a table between us. As you suggested, these are the better arrangement of seats for our purpose. Yours, Cartographer Homunculus.
- Priya: It is OK to write less formally
- Pryia: It is more like having a chat than writing a letter
- Carto: I see. It was very hard to type all of those words. The small letters do not suit my fingers very well.
- Priya: I just wanted to check that you and your friend are safe
- Carto: My friend is safer than he was. The man you met and his comrade are still with us. This is not unlike when we were on a carriage being guarded by the police of the horselords.
- Priya: Horse lords?
- Carto: The dynastic rulers of the horses on my tier. They are very noble but also very suspicious of anybody who is not a horse.
- Priya: Are they actual horses or are they like people?
- Carto: Everybody is people Priya
- Priya: I mean do they look like regular horses or do they look more human like
- Carto: Apart from their hands they look like the horses on your tier
- Priya: So their front feet are hands? I can’t imagine that
- Carto: They have hoof-like knuckles and when they stand on all fours their finges sort of fold into the hoof part. It’s a bit rude to draw attention to it though.
- Priya: Oh! I’m sorry!
- Carto: It’s only rude if there was a horse in the conversation.
- Priya: 🙂
- Carto: How do you type a face?
- Carto: 🙂
- Carto: I found out how!
- Carto: 😋🐎
- Priya: Welcome to the 21st century!
- Carto: 🦓🚲🏰⛵️🐉👿🚞🔮⚔️
- Priya: LOL
- Priya: That means ‘laugh out loud’
- Carto: Do I have to laugh out loud?
- Priya: No I am laughing out loud
- Carto: LOL
- Priya: Before you go away again send me a message so I know you got away safely
- Carto: I will if I can. Esquin doesn’t understand what I am doing with this phone.
- Priya: Can he read what you are typing?
- Carto: No Sir Pangolin is sitting next to me. He is sleeping.
- Priya: And Sir Pangolin is an actual Pangolin?
- Carto: A bit bigger than your kind of pangolins. He is about the height of an eight-year old child.
- Priya: I hope that big coat worked to hide his appearance
- Carto: Not entirely
- Carto: At the station a woman stopped us and was frightened by his appearance.
- Priya: Oh no!
- Carto: Then she decided it was a child in a disguise. This did not worry her. She asked “Is this a star wars thing?”
- Priya: What did you say?
- Carto: I said that yes it was and that my son was in a disguise. She laughed and then patted his head.
- Priya: 😅
- Carto: Sir Pangolin was not happy about being patted on his head. I have since told two other strangers that it is a ‘star wars thing’. I don’t know what that means but it seems to work.
- Priya: 😂
- Carto: I must thank you again for all your help.
- Priya: No need to thank me just be safe
- Carto: I think we are nearly there. This phone has a map that shows me where I am.
- Priya: I knew you would like that
- Carto: The train is slowing. I think the station is near.
- Priya: Good luck Carto! Get home safely!
2 thoughts on “Chapter 24: Text messages”
Priya is quite a good friend. Sir P must be humiliated by having to pretend he’s a child in a costume!
LikeLiked by 1 person